Saturday 1 June 2013

Delightful Dresses: About the Artist Dress & Soda Fountain Dress from Modcloth

I am afraid that I can't stay away from the US site Modcloth.  There are so many amazing items on the site, especially their dresses.  For this post, I have chosen two dresses that I feel are gorgeous, versatile and great value but, to be honest, I could have chosen far, far more!

The first dress I love is this 'About the Artist' lilac dress.  Made from a soft cotton, it is perfect for keeping pretty and cool in the summer months.  I adore the whole style of this dress, from the capped sleeves, darted bust area, ruffles and v-neck to flatter the top half, the flowing skirt to flatter the bottom half and the belted waist to create a beautifully defined, feminine silhouette.  It comes in a great range of sizes - from small to 3XL - and is $52.99.  That's about £35 which isn't bad for a dress like this.
The second dress I have chosen is even better value and slightly more practical - but still pretty!  This cotton stretch 'Soda Fountain' dress comes in cherry red, cola black, purple grape and ginger yellow.  Again, being an A-line style, the fit is super-flattering and being cotton is will be cool to wear (in all senses of the word!).  The element of stretch material in this one also will allow for a perfect fit.  As it's slightly plainer than the 'About the Artist' dress, I think this would work wonderfully as a summer office outfit as well as a more casual day dress.  It's $44.99 (about £30) - so again, great value for a great quality, cotton summer dress.
The cheapest Modcloth shipping to the UK is about $17 (about £11), not including any customs charges - various options are available though.

I've also just noticed that you can invite friends to join Modcloth and get a $15 voucher - so might be worth having a look at that too for extra savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment