Monday 10 June 2013

Splendid Skirt: Louche Cindy A-line Skirt from Joy

Say what you like about Victoria Beckham, I don't think it can be denied that she's come a long way from her Spice Girls days and developed into a respected (and in my opinion, talented) fashion designer.  Her dresses are gorgeous, flattering and feminine but unfortunately are out of my price range!

The item from her SS13 collection that I've been coveting is a bright orange a-line skirt.  Victoria's been spotted out and about in this skirt a couple of times now - as part of a suit to give a fashion talk and with a neutral top when out with her daughter.  I love the vivid tangerine orange which is summery bright and cheerful.  And an A-line skirt is always flattering, pulling in the waist and disguising the upper hips and thigh but still flashing enough leg to be fun!

I've found an equivalent skirt from Joy the Store.  Whilst it isn't top-class designer, and it's a cotton blend as opposed to silk and wool, it's still stylish and great quality and is reminiscent of the Victoria Beckham version.  I would pair it with a tucked-in cream or white blouse for simple, sophisticated chic; for day I'd wear flat pumps and switch to some killer heels in the evening.  Available in sizes 8 to 14, it's been reduced from £32 to £20 in the sale.
What are your views on Victoria Beckham as a designer?  Do you think she's a worthy designer whose styles can be emulated?
Joy The Store

No comments:

Post a Comment