Monday 12 August 2013

Delightful Dress: Plaid Pinafore Dresses from Urban Outfitters

Pinafore dresses have been making a bit of a comeback lately.  However, I've steered a bit clear of them as I do worry they look a bit schoolgirl if they are the wrong colour, pattern or styled too young.  The key to looking like a grown up when wearing this, I think, is to layer it with some mature pieces, such as a crisp blouse or some funky accessories and avoid school uniform grey!  Another trend emerging for AW13 is a tartan or plaid pattern and so I have found a couple of lovely pinafores in such a print from Urban Outfitters - I couldn't choose between them so I'm highlighting both!

The first is this red Vintage Renewal plaid pinafore dress, which is £38 and comes in sizes medium and large.  It's got a real Sixties retro look and feel to it, and is fun and playful, without being juvenile.  I like the way they have styled it, with the long-sleeved cotton blouse and I'd team it with some dark tights and Doc Martens for autumn and winter.
The second dress is this Cooperative pinafore dress in Black Watch tartan print.  It's £52 and comes in sizes extra small to large.  Again, it could be styled as the dress above and look great!
Until the end of the month, customers can get 10% off at Urban Outfitters with the code AUGUST10 and for a limited time, delivery is just £1.

No comments:

Post a Comment