Monday 2 September 2013

Leggings from Boden

I remember when leggings appeared after a couple of decade's hiatus, I was skeptical.  My main thought was: how on earth can a bad fashion trend from the 1980's be relevant or fashionable again?  But I admit, I was wrong.  The latest rendition of leggings is (in my opinion) fabulous and a trend that's here to stay.

However, a key point I would like to make is - they are not, on the whole, trousers.  They don't look very good with a crop top, or even a top that doesn't go past one's waist, unless one is a child or super-skinny.  Or a gymnast or dancer - I'll give that one.  But on the average woman, they should really be worn as footless tights.  Think shorter dresses, mini skirts or tunics.  They look great under those!  A second point is that they should be good quality.  See through leggings are simply horrendous, especially when someone doesn't wear a long top as advised above.....  I don't want to see anyone's pants or worse.  Length is also important, as shorter, calf-length leggings can often make legs look stumpy, so I'd suggest ankle length ones on the whole.

The best leggings I have found are from Boden.  They are superb quality, being thick enough to not be transparent and they don't lose their shape, even when washed.  They come in a great range of colours - black, light grey, navy and a kind of bluey-grey.  The fit is perfect too.  Although they are £22, I have found that they are worth it as they last far longer than cheaper versions aside from the quality.  And for this week only, customers can enjoy 10% off plus free delivery and returns, with new customers receiving a free gift, with code W002 (expires 8th September).
If that is still too expensive, the next best leggings I have found are from Monsoon and are £15.  Again, they are great quality and the fabric is robust, but I find the fit around the waist isn't quite as good as the Boden ones and so they aren't as comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment